Nothing makes more sense than using a high-efficiency A/C when you live in a Southern climate like that of Florida. You know that it will be running continuously for months. Furthermore, life would be pretty unbearable without it so you want quality in your A/C as well. To make your high efficiency A/C last a long time and keep your climate control expenses down, consider some of the following factors while it is in operation.
Summer Tips for Your High-Efficiency A/C
- Weather affects your equipment’s ability to meet performance expectations. Keep this factor in mind as you program your thermostat. Hotter weather makes it more expensive to keep your house at one temperature. For this reason, many homeowners allow for higher indoor temperatures during the day, especially if they are not going to be home.
- Proper airflow is critical for cooling. If the ducts and their layout are not correctly matched to your A/C, then airflow will be inadequate. You will pay more for lower quality cooling.
- The right refrigerant charge is necessary to maintain high performance. Studies show that improper refrigerant charges are common and may reduce the quality of performance in as many as seven out of 10 devices in the field. Discuss this with an HVAC maintenance technician.
- Besides compatibility with your air conditioner, there are other qualities of your ducts which have dramatic effects on performance. Many people overlook these basic components when they order repairs on their systems. The most significant problem with defective ducts is that they cause air leaks. Ducts must be tight to prevent cool air from leaking out before it reaches the spaces that you intend to cool.
- Your equipment should be properly sized for the environment that you want to cool. A system that is too large will short cycle, boosting your bills, causing wear on the equipment, and inefficiently cooling your home.
If you would like to learn more about maintaining a high-efficiency A/C, contact us for expert A/C repair service. We have been proudly serving the Clearwater area since 1958.